littlereadingcorner

My Little Reading Corner

Hello there!! My name is Lesly.I am 18 years old and currently a sophmore in University.

Jesus > Religion by Jefferson Bethke

Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough - Jefferson Bethke

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Published:October 7,2013
Page Count:240

Beautiful Quotes:
"The Bible isn't a rule book. It's a love letter. I'm not an employee. I'm a child. It's not about my performance. It's about Jesus' performance for me. Grace isn't there for some future me but for the real me. The me who struggled. The me who was messy. ..... He loves me in my mess; he was not waiting until I cleaned myself up.”

“We refuse to turn off our computers, turn off our phone, log off Facebook, and just sit in silence, because in those moments we might actually have to face up to who we really are.”

“Trying to live without community is like trying to live without oxygen. We weren't created to do it.”

“But I always wonder why we Christians are the ones who get slapped with the too-narrow-and-exclusive card when everyone's point of view is the same. Think about it: Every worldview is exclusive to itself. Even by that classmate saying I was arrogant for thinking my was right, she was doing the same thing-saying I was wrong, and she was right. How arrogant of her-not really, but according to her own logic. yes.”

“The more I read, the more I felt the Bible looked a lot more like the movie 300 than the movie Pleasantville.”

Quick Review:
I really enjoyed how relatable this book was.It was written in a testimonial format where out of things that Jefferson himself went through he found life lessons.He shares these with us and shows us how to apply them on our daily walk with God.He definitely doesn’t beat around the bush when it comes to the real tough questions too which I really liked.I went through it really quickly and would recommend to anyone as it awakens you to how  great the grace of God is in our lives and how to deal with certain areas in our life that aren't aligned with His will.