littlereadingcorner

My Little Reading Corner

Hello there!! My name is Lesly.I am 18 years old and currently a sophmore in University.

Wonder by J.R Palacio

Wonder - R.J. Palacio

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Published: February 14,2012
Page Count: 315

Beautiful Quotes:
“Be kinder than is necessary. Because it's not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed.”

"Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”

“The best way to measure how much you've grown isn't by inches or the number of laps you can now run around the track, or even your grade point average-- though those things are important, to be sure. It's what you've done with your time, how you've chosen to spend your days, and whom you've touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success.”

Quick Review:

August was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school.When his parents bring up the idea he tries to convince them otherwise but finally gives in.Soon he starts 5th grade at Beecher Prep and being the new kid with his facial deformity is not easy.The book is written from different perspectives of people who love Auggie and what they go through because of his face.Throughout the book you see how he tries and overcomes a lot of the problems that come with pre-judice because of his appearance and proves that he is in fact an ordinary kid.I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to people of all ages.